GUEST INFORMATION – HEALTH PROTOCOL
The health and safety of our customers and employees is our main priority. Please read the following operation and protection plan which contains instructions for your own safety and that of others.
We wish you a pleasant and safe stay at BITZARO PALACE HOTEL.
Our Hotel continues its operation while observing all of the safety measures against the new corona virus 2019 (COVID-19). Our staff strictly carries out the cleaning of all hotel areas, diligently following the protocol for cleaning, hygiene and disinfection.
The protocol includes:
- Education of all our staff in the subjects of health and safety.
- Standard cleaning and disinfection cycles in all areas.
- Visible placement of antiseptic hand gel for public use.
- Frequent cleaning of high-usage areas and surfaces.
- Immediate response to incidental cleaning wherever and whenever required.
Taking into consideration the current concerns about the new corona virus 2019 (Covid-19), we have established in-house rules for our hotel resort. These rules in combination with the appropriate hygiene protocols, ensure the well-being of our guests.
The in-house rules include:
- Avoid crowding during Check-in/Check-out, keeping social distances.
- Check-out by 11:00 a.m. and Check-in from 15:00 p.m. With the time interval between every check-in and check-out of different customers, sufficient time is given for proper cleaning and disinfection, followed by the natural ventilation (airing out) of the room.
- The reception staff is informed and trained to meet customer needs while taking the necessary precautions in accordance with Covid-19.
- During Check-in, guests will be informed of our resort’s current health and safety policy and the rules implemented in accordance with Covid-19.
- When approaching any interior or public area (reception, bars, restaurant, pool) all guests need to keep a distance of 1.5 meters from the next and previous guest in any priority line within the resort.
- We recommend the usage of masks in case of cough and/or sneezing, in all indoor and public areas of the hotel.
- Please use the floor markings that have been placed in all public areas as a guide to keep the appropriate distance from other guests.
- We recommend the frequent usage of the special hand sanitizer, which has been placed accordingly in the main public areas of the hotel.
- We recommend that guests avoid staying for long periods of time in public areas.
- Refrain from re-arranging furniture in public areas. They have been placed according to the instructions from the health authorities, in order to avoid crowding and to comply with the requirement of 4 people per 10 square meters.
- To limit contact, the entrance of any person not staying at the hotel is strictly forbidden in rooms and all meeting places. Non-guests are only allowed at the Skyfall Bar and are required to follow all safety measures. Guests from co-operating accommodations with access to our All-inclusive facilities have been informed about our strict rules and procedures as well.
- The self-serving usage of hotel equipment is forbidden (in restaurant, bars). Please inform the departmental staff to provide you with any equipment needed.
- We encourage our guests to inform the reception about any observed person with symptoms of illness within the hotel.
- The maximum allowed persons in the elevator is updated to 2 adults. We recommend to wear masks and the use of hand sanitizer before and after the elevator use.
- WIFI access is provided with connection from the guest’s personal device.
- When using public WC, avoid crowding and maintain distance from other guests.
- Toilets must be flushed with lids closed in public WC.
- All persons within the resort are required to comply with the suggestions of the hotel staff.
RESTAURANT – BARS
- Capacity in areas with food has been reduced by 1/3 in order to comply with the new legally required distances.
- In restaurants with buffet use, dividers and markings are placed. Waiters and cooks will serve the guests.
- Visits to the buffet will be without a plate, with the staff fulfilling the guest’s order.
- The maximum number of guests allowed in the restaurant is calculated by the ratio of 1 customer per 2 square meters.
- A maximum of six (6) people are allowed per table.
- Only guests sharing a room and families may sit at the same table.
- There is no limit for families with children.
- The minimum distance between tables is applied based on the seat placements.
- You will be seated at a table by our staff, please do not seat yourself.
- At the pool bar, the all-inclusive snacks (individually packaged sandwiches) will be provided by the bar staff.
- The frequent cleaning of rooms should be avoided during the guest’s stay in order to limit contact, based on the protocol.
- Everyday change of sheets and towels is discontinued. In the event that you do NOT want your room cleaned, please place the DO NOT DISTURB sign on the outside of your door. Otherwise, the maid will enter your room for cleaning.
- Ornamental objects have been removed (decorative pillows, etc.)
- Items with shared use (menus, magazines, coffee machines, etc.) have been removed.
- After check-out, all room and bathroom surfaces are meticulously disinfected.
- Only external water tanks may be used. The hotel pools’ maximum capacities are based on their size. Each pool's maximum capacity is posted at the respective entrance.
- All guests are required to comply with the regulations.
- Seats are placed so that the farthest distance as required by law is applied between two people under different umbrellas or two people who do not share a room.
- Highly-effective disinfectant is used on seats, sun chairs, and tables.
- After each guest, all seats, umbrellas, tables, and all other objects are disinfected for the next guest.
- Sanitized towels may be rented.
- Pool usage is allowed only after having a proper shower.
- The following services are not included at our resort this season: laundry service, outside hot tub, outside playground.
For our employees working within the hotel, we have taken the following steps:
- We comply with the employee restrictions in the workplace and provide our staff with all of the necessary protective equipment.
- We continuously disinfect all work surfaces, common areas and personal rooms.
- We are taking steps to reduce the social gathering of staff and are making sure that safe distances between employees are maintained.
As part of our commitment for the health, safety, and well-being of our guests, employees and community, we are strictly following the developments regarding the new corona virus 2019 (Covid-19) with regular updates and guidance from the National Public Health Organization and the Ministry of Health, as well as from additional governmental and European organizations.
The hotel has adapted to the new operating requirements, applied the “Health Protocol for Businesses in Tourism,” and has received the Health First certificate from the Hellenic Chamber of Hotels.
We are at your disposal for any questions or clarification.